Fastest Ever Mybook External Drive By Western Digital

Western Digital has introduced its fastest My Book external hard drive. The new My Book 3.0 desktop external drives are among the first devices certified with the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, claims the company. The new device is offered as a stand-alone, or in a kit that includes a USB 3.0 PCIe adapter card. The 2 TB model is expected later this month. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface on My Book 3.0 drives provides transfer rates of up to 5 GB per second. The new My Book 3.0 drive is compliant with the USB-IF SuperSpeed USB 3.0 standard to provide compatibility with other USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 products. SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. The new My Book 3.0 drives will be available in1 TB capacity and a two-year limited warranty. My Book 3.0 drives are available now at select retailers and online at www.shopwd.com. The MSRP for the My Book 3.0 drive 1 TB is Rs. 9,990. The MSRP for the My Book 3.0 drive in a kit that includes a USB 3.0 PCIe (gen2) adapter card is Rs. 11,190.

Source: www.techtree.com/India/News/WDs_Fastest_Ever_My_Book_External_Drive/551-108808-581.html